Thursday, May 12, 2011

Visa Vie!

I took a little trip to Calgary not too long ago and paid a visit to my friends at the US Embassy. They were so happy to see me, they gave me a wee gift - my American Work Visa!

I only had to go through mounds of online paperwork, apply for another police check, take a horrible-looking mug shot, get on a bus at 4am in the morning, sleep for a few hours in the Greyhound terminal, twiddle my thumbs in the Embassy waiting room until they were all twiddled out and sweat with paranoia that in the next 30 minutes I was going to somehow get deported, before they finally gave me the thumbs up.

It arrived by delivery this week. I look horrible, but who cares?

I am USA bound, baby!

Ciao for now. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Well, say it!