Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fight Club

It frightens me how quickly time is passing by. We are already at the end of our first week of Session 2!

And I've only written 16 blogs in that time - what have I been doing with my time?

The first week of camp has been great - a little tiring as it's a constant struggle to keep up with the energy of the 2nd session campers. They're like Energizer bunnies that never die! Thankfully, because they are so different from my first group, I haven't been comparing them or struggling to move on from the intersession.

As a way of helping us come together as the new Bunk 22, Thursday night evening activities was Bunk Activities - an opportunity for us to mix and interact with our new roommates. Molly (my co-counselor) and I organised an Appel Farm tradition which was met with both delight and disgust by our group of girls - shaving cream fight.

This involves getting in your 'swim suit' (togs just confuses them) and spraying/flinging/slapping/covering each other in shaving cream until you are coated like an iced cup cake.

And surprisingly, shaving cream is quite a maliable substance. Once it's in your hair, there's no limit to what you can do with it.
80 percent of our girls thought this activity was genius and ran around like crazed snowmen. The other 20 percent, who had already showered and put on a face of makeup in anticipation of seeing the Bunk 26 boys, looked on in fear that at any moment they might be attacked.

It all felt like a throw-back to my old college days (although without the alcohol and probably nudity which would have ensued.)

Ciao for now. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Well, say it!