Friday, June 25, 2010

Some Personal Orientation

I have officially been overseas for a week. Exactly seven days ago I was taking off from Brisbane airport.

I can't believe how fast that time has gone, which only makes me conscious of how fast this whole trip is going to go. However, I can't bear thinking of going home just yet, especially when camp is yet to really begin.

Even though the kids don't arrive until Sunday, the last week has been filled with orientation 'Getting to know you / Getting to know yourself' activities. And while I'd like to think I know myself pretty well, getting reacquainted has left me drained of energy. On top of that, I've caught a cold from being run-down and I've lost my voice.

It's like college O-Week all over again... except with out the alcohol.

But while my body might be falling apart, I'm pretty excited to meet the campers and see camp in full swing. Everything is so stereotypically 'camp' and sometimes it feels like I'm living in a movie. Last night, we learnt the camp song. They actually have a camp song. And being a creative arts camp, that song has a four part harmony.

And I'm sorry to say it guys, but I've picked up the American accent. After only seven days.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Well, say it!