Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Home Is Where The Water Is

When I left Australia for the great unknown, I was sent off by my family and friends with the well wishes of health and safety. It never occured to me to wish it back to them.

But as the majority of Queensland, not to mention my two home towns of Gympie and Brisbane, continue to be battered by Mother Nature's unrelenting hand, I can only hope that my wishes of health and safety to my friends and family haven't come to late.

I may be thousands of kilometres from home, but my thoughts go out to not only those I hold dear, but every family and furry friend who has been affected by the torrential flooding that has hit Queensland in the last month. 40 days and 40 nights of wet and wild weather has seen lives lost and and whole towns washed away, not to mention billions of dollars damage to homes, farm land and our agricultural livelihood. The Sydney Morning Herald has described it as being like 'an inland tsunami' with enough power to wash away cars, water tanks and refridgerators. With Gympie also swamped by the influx of water, I appreciate the concern many of you have shown for my parents. Thankfully, our home is not in a position to be affected by the flooding and both my parents and our house are safe and sound.

With Brisbane next to suffer the wrath of the floods that have already destroyed so much, I pray that my friends stay safe and dry and the city that I love can hold its breathe in the face of Queensland's most devastating natural disaster.

My thoughts go out to all of you.

Ciao for now. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Well, say it!